Tuesday 20 June 2023

What is innovation?


What is innovation


Innovation is the introduction of something new into an enterprise, which can be a new idea, a new method or a new device, much like an invention and requires a high degree of creativity. But it's more about successfully applying the solution to the problem in the market, and we don't have to invent for the sake of innovation, because there are many creative methods in our market that can be used for me.

Most domestic enterprises do need to rely on innovation to overcome the "Matthew effect" to gain a latecomer advantage, but it must be pointed out that innovation cannot rely on an idea or a few people or a project overnight, to nurture innovation and support innovation rely on solid basic management work, which is exactly the problem that some enterprise managers ignore. Specifically, companies generally need innovation in the following areas –

1. Service innovation

The famous IBM company's emphasis on "IBM is a service" in the advertisement reflects the company's idea of attaching great importance to product services. Product service innovation is to emphasize continuous improvement and improvement of service level and service quality, and constantly introduce new service items and service measures, in an effort to let consumers get the greatest satisfaction or satisfaction.

2. Knowledge innovation

It is said that a contemporary doctoral student can only grasp less than 1% of the total human knowledge, the remaining 99% do not understand, and 4% of them are not known to exist. Most of the managers in Chinese companies are poorly educated, so what reason do we have to reject new knowledge? Therefore, knowledge innovation is not only a place that everyone ignores, but also a place that needs to be improved and innovated.

3. Mentality innovation

It is recommended that every employee, old employee and manager of the enterprise ask questions about all aspects of the enterprise like a new employee on the first day of work in the company. Remember on our first day on the job, we would ask many questions – why did we do this? - How do we make it happen? - What is its goal? - What does it mean? But the longer we work in the unit, the harder it is to do this. The longer we work and the fewer questions we ask, the more complacent we become. Ask more exploratory questions and listen more carefully so you can understand more deeply. Then, through in-depth analysis and research, we will surely find innovative ways to solve these problems.

Some people may think that these basic management problems are not worth pursuing and improving, but the author believes that there is no solid basic management, the results are very different, for example, we will find that the luxury public toilets built by some local governments become dirty and smelly in a short time, while McDonald's toilets are always as clean as new, why? A closer look reveals that McDonald's has detailed standards for how clean toilets should be cleaned, what cleaning tools are used and how to operate them, and there are corresponding training and verification systems.



No comments:

Post a Comment